THE SERIOUS STUFF.
SIMPLE AND EASY.
Smart Hostels Terms and Conditions
· Guests are required to show a valid photo ID (passport, drivers’ license etc.) upon check-in to the hostel. We do not accept the following as valid forms of ID including Industry ID cards, company security cards, travel cards, debit or credit, or student ID. Guests without a proof of physical identity are subject to having their reservations cancelled without any refund.
· All our hostels use ‘Bunk Bed’ which may be inconvenient for the physically challenged and older guests who have low mobility. If a lower Bunk is required due to disability, we recommend that you make a request to the hostel. We will do our best to allocate you but nothing is guaranteed.
· The hostel operates a 14-nights maximum stay policy, returning guests are free to rebook after a 6-weeks period.
· Rooms are to be kept in a clean and tidy state. Medium sized locker will be provider inside the room for no additional cost (padlock excluded). We recommend a maximum of 1 travel backpack and 1 Standard Luggage; if a guest’s luggage is overly sized, you will be asked to move it to a separate luggage room at a cost of £3.00 per item per night. We advise you to bring your own padlock if needed we sell it for £4.5 at the reception.
· Age Policy: Guests between 16 and 45 years of age are free to place bookings in our shared dormitories. Guests aged 15 or younger and above 45 years old are unable to use the shared dorms and must book in a private dorm or room.
In the UK, The Equality Act 2010 says that we must show that the action is a proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim;
As privately owned and service provider of Youth Hostel accommodation, Smart Hostels are specifically designed to offer the best experience to our targeted guests/clients and this is how we justify our age policy within our dormitories:
1) By restricting access to our dormitories to people above 45yrs we enable people of particular age groups to enjoy activities together.
2) Ensuring the health and safety of customers: Our dormitories are set-up with high triple/double bunk that needs to be accessed by ladders which offer very little security. We believe that this presents a risk to guests with decreased personal mobility and flexibility from a certain age which leads to an increases hazard to safety.
3) We are trading as Youth Hostel accommodation provider and our aim is to ensure the best experience for our individual guests aged below 45yo. The age group 18-45 represents 95% of our demand in dormitories.
Smart hostels want to make sure that particular services are targeted at young people who need them most. Any individual who would like to stay with us and are above the age policy affecting our dormitories are free to book any of our private rooms. We have rooms for everyone!
Check-in and Check-out
· Rooms/Dorms are available to check-in from 14:00 on the day of arrival; if arriving earlier you are welcome to drop of luggage free of charge in the morning of your arrival at the hostel where it will be store until your return to check-in.
· Check-out is before 10:00am on the day of departure. Luggage storage is available after checkout up until midnight; there is an additional charge of £3.00 per item for this service.
· In case of No Show, if the guest does not show up at the reception before 4am of the following day, the hostel will cancel your reservation automatically even if it has already been paid, except if the guest notifies the reception by phone or email beforehand (available in the contact section). All bookings made via a third party website should be discussed directly with them regarding refund conditions.
· Penalty charge or expulsion from the hostel may result from the following activities:
Lost Key Card: You will be required to pay a replacement charge of £5.00 for each key card lost during your stay, please keep it on your person always.
Anti-social Behaviour: The hostels have a zero tolerance to in-house fighting or harassment with guests being asked to leave once a complaint has been received and verified by staff.
Poor Hygiene: Guests with low standards will be asked to improve the situation, after which guests will be asked to leave the property if no improvement have been made.
Breaking Hostel In-house Rules
Flexible Rate/Smart Rate
·The first night of your booking will be charged from 11:00am the day before arrival via the credit/debit card you have provided on booking. Please note if the charge is declined you will be notified via email to provide a new valid card, if no update is received the booking will be cancelled at 11:00 AM on the day of arrival.
·The remaining nights will be payable on arrival to the hostel either with Card or Cash payment.
· Changes requested with 24 hours of the date of check-in will be treated as cancellations (see “Cancellations” below).
· Changes to confirmed reservations (e.g., changes in dates or changes in number of guests or nights) are subject to availability of a suitable alternative and are subject to any additional costs incurred in making the changes to accommodate your request.
2. Non - Refundable/Smart Non-refundable Rate
· The total cost of the booking will be charge to your payment method at the time of booking.
· If cancelled, Modified or in case of No-show the total price of the reservation will be charged.
· Bookings made under the Non-Refundable rate are not refundable under any circumstances.
· All cancellation requests must be received in writing in the form of an email.
· We require a full 24 hours’ notice to cancel a booking. The 24 hours are counted backward from 12 Noon on the date of arrival.
Fees and Payments
· We accept cash payment in Great British Pound (GBP) only.
· We do not accept Maestro or American Express bank cards; we accept all other credit and debit cards.
Lost and found Policy.
· Any items found inside the property will be kept during a maximum of 7 days after the check-out date, after that it will be immediately disposed unless you have contacted the property beforehand and arranged an appropriate collection date.
When booking individual beds, we will always attempt to allocate grouped beds together in the same dorm. However, on particularly busy days this may not always be possible. If needed please contact your hostel to confirm your rooming.